Well, we’ve learned that our sisters like instant gratification! With chants of “Show! Show! Show!” ringing in my head I have photographed my fabric choices and prepared this blog post.
But first, a little bit of the story behind choosing this fabric. It went something like this.
2. Look at said fabric online, decide the time required to ship it to Canada so it can be cut up into pieces and shipped to 11 other places is too extensive and silly.
3. Use this as excuse to go fabric shopping locally.
4. Use excuse of “business meeting” to visit fabric shop closest to office. Find nothing suitable. Pout.
5. Use excuse of “banking errands” to visit fabric shop close to home. Find nothing. Pout even more.
6. Having exhausted the only two options for shopping locally, sigh heavily and go stash diving.
7. Spend a couple of hours flinging fabric around and shooing away dogs and cat.
8. Realize none of the groupings really work.
8. Drink wine.
9. Consult a battered, dog eared copy of de Bono’s “Lateral Thinking” book.
10. Switch from a light background with dark applique as depicted in the pattern to the reverse.
11. Grab fabrics, arrange in group, stand back, look at group with squint, cheer. Success!
May I present, your September fabrics.
We know that monitors don’t always show true colours, so I’ll tell you that these are a mix of gray, black, mauve, tan and gold. Ugh, that does not sound very appealing. These colours look better in real life.
PS Some of this fabric is from the Opulence line by Paula Nadelstern for Benartex.